In order to help educators integrate technology effectively, we have compiled a list of technology tools focused on learning goals consistent with the CRCD [collect-relate-create-donate] framework. Unlike other lists that promote “cool tools,” yet leave teachers wondering about purposeful educational integration, our list is driven by specific learning goals that promote critical-thinking, creativity, collaboration, and community-mindedness. We hope you will find our list useful.
What are your Learning Goals?
- I want my students to be able to create web based timelines.
- I want my students to create web based mind maps / graphic organizers.
- I want my students to publish their writing online for others to read.
- I want real-time, online discussion with my students.
- I want my students to search and evaluate web sites.
- I want to create guided research activities for my students.
- I want to connect my students to other students around the world.
- I want my students to create online portfolios.
- I want my students to create books, magazines, posters, or newsletters online.
- I want my students to record or edit audio.
- I want to use an interactive whiteboard effectively with my students.
- I want my students to create and edit maps.
- I want my students to draw or create comics on the Internet.
- I want to create tests, quizzes, and games online.
- I want my students to organize, bookmark and edit their research online.
- I want to find or create rubrics for multimedia projects.
- I want to connect to other teachers to share ideas and resources.
A comprehensive resource recommending a variety of tech according to each learning goal, as listed above. This is also a great resource for anyone looking for unique tech tools related to the activities listed.