Education & Technology
Web inventor Berners-Lee sounds alarm on mass spying | CNET
Sir Tim Berners-Lee says the activities of the NSA and its UK counterpart, the GCHQ, could warp his baby, making the Internet vulnerable to attack and depriving humanity of a “safe space” for problem solving.
The Amazingly Unlikely Story of How Minecraft Was Born | WIRED
Excerpt from new book.
- Google Says Its Mystery Barges May Be Used As Interactive Space Where People Can Learn About Its Technology | TechCrunch
- Internet Archive Burns Down, Data Survives | Mashable
- Lerner Digital Launches Android Ebook App with 3,000 Titles | The Digital Shift
Mom Complains About Library’s Porn Policy | NBC Chicago
A suburban mother is demanding the Orland Park Public Library ban pornography on its computers. More scandal: Library book overdue in Texas? Go directly to jail | Teleread
- ALA Moves Forward in Ebook Arena: Wrap-up of the Virtual Town Hall [on EBooks] | American Libraries Magazine
- Libraries and E-rate: Solid foundations | District Dispatch
- DCL Ebook Report for November 2013 | American Libraries Magazine
- Handwritten Manuscripts You Can Read Online | BookRiot. Highlights a few of the texts available in the newly established Shelley-Godwin Archive.