Education & Technology
Xbox One News: Xbox One’s DRM policy reversal: an oral history | Engadget and Xbox One won’t play 3D Blu-rays — for now | CNET
Intel Has Acquired Kno, Will Push Further Into The Education Content Market With Interactive Textbooks | TechCrunch
We had a tip about, and have now confirmed, Intel’s latest acquisition: Kno, the education startup that started life as a hardware business and later pivoted into software – specifically via apps that let students read interactive versions of digitized textbooks.
- Securly Raises $1M From NewSchools, Imagine K12 Founder To Help Schools Protect Their Students Online | TechCrunch
- Espresso [education] bought by Discovery | The Bookseller
- McDonalds Wants To Start 3D Printing Happy Meal Toys For Unhappy Kids | Business Insider
- YouTube’s New Comments System Requires Users to Use Google+, Prompts F-Bomb From YouTube Co-Founder | AllThingsD
- ALA: ALA urges swift action on E-rate reforms | District Dispatch and ALA Reply to ‘ALA Supports Orland Park Public Library Stance on Viewing Porn’ | Examiner.com
- Our Favorite Pop Culture Librarians | Flavorwire. 15 of Flavorwire’s favourite fictional librarians.
- NBC News Digital to launch J.F.K. anniversary site with 275 videos from Brokaw interviews | Capital
- Save Our Libraries takes Scots closures plans to court | Teleread
- Three bibliophiles who have founded a library for regional languages: Pustaka | YourStory
- Hoopla Announces Agreements with Universal Pictures, MGM, National Geographic, and BBC America | The Digital Shift