Books & Publishing
BuzzFeed Decides Criticizing Awful Books Is Too Mean | The Atlantic
Put away the hatchets, BuzzFeed book reviewers. The Internet’s foremost listicle-maker will now be taking its ‘No Haters’ policy over to its rising books section, as BuzzFeed’s new books editor said…that he will only accept warm and cuddly book reviews.
- 45 Great American Indie Bookstores to Support This Holiday Season | Flavorwire
- BuzzFeed: The 23 Best Parts Of Being A Book Lover, 22 Book Lovers Who Are Doing It Right
- A Day In The Life Of Antarctica’s Newest Poet In Residence | FastCompany
- 13 Reasons to Read Sci-Fi by Women | HuffPost
- Simon & Schuster Suspends ‘Embassy House’ Book By ’60 Minutes’ Benghazi Source Dylan Davies | HuffPost
Music & Film
Why Video Games Succeed Where The Movie And Music Industries Fail | FastCompany
The video-game industry is projected to grow from $67 billion in 2013 to $82 billion in 2017. At the same time, global movie revenue, both DVD and ticket sales, hit an estimated $94 billion in 2010, down 17% after inflation from 2001. Why is the video-game industry on the ascendance? And are there any lessons that the movie (and to a lesser extent, the music) industry can take from its success?
- iHeartRadio Tops 40 Million Registered Users | TechCrunch
- ‘Hunger Games’ Theme Park a Possibility, Studio CEO Says | Mashable
- Cape Breton author’s silver screen dreams come true | Global News
- Hoopla Announces Agreements with Universal Pictures, MGM, National Geographic, and BBC America | The Digital Shift