Education & Technology
With MakerBot Academy, the 3-D Printing Movement Aims for Schools | AllThingsD
The company announced on Tuesday an initiative to begin seeding its Replicator 3-D printing machines inside of K-12 schools across the U.S. The effort comes in partnership with DonorsChoose.org, a site that allows public school teachers to make online requests for classroom projects, which are then backed by a Kickstarter-like funding drive.
Twitter goes for the masses with new storytelling feature | CNET
Twitter excels in capturing the “moment” as events happen, but it isn’t great at telling a story. With custom timelines, the company hopes to lure a broader audience by giving it coherent narratives rather than just the raw materials.
- IOC spokesman: Journalists free to Instagram at Sochi Olympics | USA Today Sports
- How Much Freedom to Give Kids With School-Issued iPads? | KQED
- Curious Helps You Pick Up an Awesome Hobby | Mashable
- Public at last: Apple II DOS code that launched an empire | CNET. The Computer History Museum has published the source code for the Apple II DOS.
- Why do journalists prefer Twitter to Facebook? | TWP
- Save Gmail Attachments Directly to Google Drive | PCMag
How Iran Uses Wikipedia To Censor The Internet | BuzzFeed
A new study from the University of Pennsylvania’s Annenberg School claims that Wikipedia might hold the key to understanding how Iran censors, and controls, the internet. The answer, in four words: with a heavy hand.
- ‘Family Guy’ Creator Brings Carl Sagan Archive to Library of Congress | Mashable
- Ransom Center Launches Online Digital Image Collection | UTexas
- OverDrive Offers School Libraries New Options for Searching, Catalog Access, and Refined Metadata | The Digital Shift
- Alec Baldwin Donates $1 Million To East Hampton Library | InfoDocket | LibraryJournal
This article offers clear idea designed for the new viewers of blogging, that genuinely how to do blogging.
It’s really a nice and helpful piece of info. I’m satisfied that you shared this useful information with us.
Please keep us informed likje this. Thanks for sharing.
This is very interesting, You’re a very skilled blogger.
I have joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your excellent
post. Also, I’ve shared your site in my social networks!