If you have an idea what you’d like to study, but you’re not sure where to go to school, this scorecard from the U.S. Department of Education can help. A few clicks and you can see average salaries for graduates in your field, and what the graduation rates for your school look like. READ MORE: This Tool Finds Colleges with the Highest Salary for Your Field | LifeHacker
Previously, we featured this comparison chart that helps you pick a phone or laptop based on your needs. Now, the site has been to include tablets as well, making it even easier to find the right smart device.
As with the other versions, you can filter your options based on storage, screen size, and resolution. It also seems the developer took some of our readers’ suggestions after last time. Not only does the tablet version now come with OS and camera filters, but the OS filter has been applied to the smartphone comparison chart as well.
See the full discussion: 13 Best Free Audio Editing Apps | Mashable.
- Acoustica Basic Edition
- Tunekitten Audio Editor
- MP3 Cutter
- Audio Joiner
- Nero WaveEditor
For an LIS class group assignment in 2012, we evaluated and compared a few different audio editing applications (Audacity, LMMS, Traverso and WaveSurfer) and Audacity came out the winner on the majority of criteria, usability and range of features available.
It would be interesting to see a comparison of genre popularity across the G20. Maybe I should ask my Russian friends if there is any meaning to the fact Russians love fantasy novels…spurred by Sputnik and utopian dreams??
Comparison Chart. Digg not included.
See the full article at DCWG Big Six Matrix for Ebook Licenses Comparison | American Libraries Magazine. Link for the matrix here.
Recent Ebook News
- Random House’s app is a small victory for the industry | theguardian – June 16, 2013
- Springer Responds to Ebook Growth with Program for Colleges and Small Universities | The Digital Shift – June 13, 2013
- ALA, Future of Libraries, Digital Content, and Ebooks | American Libraries Magazine – June 2013
- Hachette To Donate Audiobooks to National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped | The Digital Shift – May 30, 2013
- OverDrive’s Big Library Read Boosts Checkouts, Sales | The Digital Shift – May 28, 2013
- DCWG Big Six Matrix for Ebook License Comparisons | American Libraries Magazine – May 15, 2013
- The State of E-Lending in Canada (Conference Presentation) | Stephen’s Lighthouse – May 9, 2013
- Hachette to Sell Frontlist Ebook Titles to Libraries | The Digital Shift – May 1, 2013
- ALA: Hachette Book Group Marks Real Progress in Library E-Lending | American Libraries Magazine – May 1, 2013
- NYPL, Queens Libraries Comment on Simon & Schuster Ebook Lending Deal | The Digital Shit – April 16, 2013
- 3M Revamps Library Ebook Acquisition Tool | The Digital Shift – April 11, 2013